The May Sweeps ratings period officially ended yesterday, and Boston Media Watch has received the ratings results.
Highlights from the Adults 25-54 demographic:
- WCVB and WFXT dominated the morning news race, with WCVB winning at 5am & 6am. WCVB’s 6am hour of the EyeOpener achieved a 2.5 rating, the highest rating of any newscast in the A25-54 demographic.
- WFXT won the morning news race at 4am, 4:30am, and from 7-9am, with the FOX25 Morning News beating out Good Morning America, Today, and CBS This Morning.
- The noon ratings race was a tight competition, with WCVB finishing with a 0.8 rating over WHDH’S 0.7 and WBZ’s 0.4.
- WCVB dominated the early evening newscasts, achieving the highest ratings at 5pm and 6pm with WHDH close behind during both newscasts.
- WFXT achieved astounding ratings during the late news race, with the station’s 10pm newscast achieving a 2.1 rating, the highest rating out of all late newscasts.
Highlights from other demographics:
- WCVB won every time slot in the Total Viewers 2+ demographic as well as the Households demographic.
- WCVB’s Weekend EyeOpener achieved the most viewers in the Households and Persons 2+ demographics, along with the weekend early evening and late newscasts.
- WCVB’s nightly newsmagazine Chronicle achieved the highest ratings at 7:30pm, beating out Jeopardy! on WBZ and Extra on WHDH.
Below, view the May ratings chart and read the attached press releases from WCVB & WFXT about the May ratings book.