The ratings results for the month of October are in! How did your favorite station do?
The Households and Total Viewers demographics were again dominated by WCVB this month, with WHDH winning at noon in the Total Viewers 2+ demographic with a lead of approximately 6,000 viewers. WCVB and WHDH were the big winners in the important A25-54 demographic, with both stations winning four of the eight time slots. WCVB was the big winner in the morning with the exception of the 7-9am time slot, and WHDH saw the biggest victory at 11pm. WHDH also beat out WCVB to win at 5pm for the second month in a row.
Morning Highlights – A25-54:
- WCVB won at 4:30am, 5am, and 6am, with its 6am newscast being the highest rated local morning newscast this month.
- The Today Show on WHDH won the 7-9am time slot, beating out local news on WFXT and competing national network broadcasts on WCVB and WBZ.
Afternoon Highlights – A25-54:
- WHDH won at noon for the third month in a row.
- WHDH won at 5pm for the second month in a row beating out WCVB.
- WCVB retained its lead at 6pm over the other stations.
Evening Highlights – A25-54:
- WHDH won at 11pm in both the M-F and M-Su categories for the third month in a row.
- WFXT’s 10pm newscast retained its lead as the top newscast at 10pm.
Take a look at the ratings charts below (now with the Household and Total Viewers demographics), and view the press releases from WCVB and WFXT.